Quick and easy to make, don't eat too many of them!
- Preheat the oven to 190° C (375° F - Gas 5)
- Beat the butter and the sugar together
- Mix in the flour to get a smooth paste
- Turn out to a work surface and gently roll out until the paste is 1 cm (½ in) thick.
- Cut into rounds or fingers and sprinkle with a little extra caster sugar, prick with a fork to make a pattern on the top
- Place on a baking sheet and chill for 20 minutes
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until pale golden
- Cool on a wire grid
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#shortbread #butter #castersugar #whiteflour #bake #plainflour #miseenplace #baking #oatmeal #whitesugar #flour