Veg Box Maltese mix
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil, ghee or butter
- 700ml (4 mugs) of leftover rice or 350ml (1 mug) of rice cooked in 2 mugs of water, lid on pan, until tender).
- 400g leftover cooked vegetables or fresh pieces of vegetables you need to use up (greens are great)
- 75g leftover cooked meat or fish
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- A handful of herbs, if youve got some
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- Choose your assorted leftovers or need-to-be-cooked veg and chop to approximate same size as if for stir fry. Separate the delicate bits of veg from the more robust (i.e. the ones that need to be cooked longer).
- Get a large frying pan hot. Add your oil/ghee/butter.
- Gently fry the rice till coated and heated through. Add the garlic along with the bits and pieces, adding the firmer bits first.
- Stir until hot. You can always put a saucepan lid over the top to allow the steam to do the work too for a few minutes.
- Fold the delicate veg (green leaves, herbs and/or fish, etc.) last. Finish with a good hit of soy sauce or any savoury sauce until its just right, tasting it as you add.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
All of the ingredients in this recipe can be delivered to your door by Abel & Cole; weekly home deliveries of organic fruit and vegetable boxes, and much much more.