Another idea to use up the leftover Christmas turkey. Chicken would work just as well. Do ensure that the meat is properly cooked. If you want to use uncooked chicken or turkey, use this recipe to prepare it first.
- 1 portion of Pizza dough - Makes 2 pizzas
- 2 balls of mozzarella cheese
- 200g cooked chicken or turkey
- ½ bottle of Dolmio tomato and garlic pasta sauce, or make your own pizza sauce
- A few slices of raw onion
- Slices of fresh green chillies (optional)
- 30g grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- 15ml olive oil
- Fine yellow cornmeal for dusting
- Make the pizza dough as instructed
- If using a pizza stone, preheat the pizza stone under a very hot grill for about 20 minutes. Place it about 8cm (3") from the heat source.
- Make 1 pizza per person
- Sprinkle the worksurface with cornmeal
- Stretch or roll the dough into two thin rounds
- Prick the pizzas all over with a fork. This prevents it puffing up too much and burning while it is cooking
- Lightly oil one side of the pizza and grill, oiled side down for about 3 minutes or until it starts to brown and puff up.
- Remove from the oven, flip over and add the topping.
- Drizzle the pizza with olive oil and spread the pizza with ½ of the tomato sauce
- Lay a few slices of the raw onion on the tomato topping.
- Add the chopped turkey
- Top with torn mozzarella and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake for 3 or 4 minutes or until the cheese browns a little - watch it carefully as it can burn easily.
- Keep the fist pizza warm at the bottom of the oven whilst you make the second.
- Serve hot
Pasta sauce such as the 350 g Dolmio range makes a perfect pizza topping. The unused half can be put straight in the freezer ready for the next two pizzas!
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.