5/5 A really simple way to cook chicken and great for experiments. I tried a little mint and it was fab. Only a few leaves though. The Judge
A very healthy and simple way to cook boneless chicken pieces that retains moisture with no added fat. An ideal way to prepare chicken for salads, sandwiches and picnics.
Why not try jointing your first chicken for this recipe?
- Arrange the herbs and the onion pieces in the base of steamer compartment
- Lay the chicken breasts over the herbs
- Place 1 sheet of tin-foil over the chicken
- Fill the lower compartment with boiling water and return to the boil
- Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until the chicken is properly cooked
- Don't allow it to boil dry!
- Discard all but the chicken once cooked
..and the chicken
Serve hot or cold. Store the cold cooked chicken in a Lock and Lock-type container and refrigerate and you will have moist tender chicken for the next few days.
This works just as well with a conventional bamboo Chinese steamer, just ensure that it is washed properly afterwards.
- Steamed chicken
- Poached chicken
- Chinese style steamed chicken
- Whole chicken pressure cooker recipe
- Boiled chicken pieces
- Get chicken pieces the economical way, joint the chicken yourself
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#steamedchicken #onion #herbs #lockandlock #salads #steamed #boiledchickenpieces #chickenbreast #poachedchicken #chicken #chinesesteamer