Turkey breasts with rice
I refuse to cook turkey at Christmas prefering to treat it just the same as any other meat and serve it when I want to. In the UK, it is gradually becoming easier to find turkey outside of the big cities all year round and the number of available recipes is increasing. In this Spanish recipe it is served with Bomba rice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 120g Bomba rice
- 240ml hot water
- Garlic to taste, diced
- Chives, snipped
- 40g cooked ham, chopped
- 4 preserved, roasted red peppers, cut into strips
- 150g frozen sweetcorn, cooked
- 300g turkey breast fillets
- A further 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, lightly sauté the garlic and then stir in the rice, cooking until the rice grains start to appear translucent.
- Add the hot water and a little salt.
- Cover, and allow to simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and fluff up with a fork to allow the steam to evaporate.
- Mix with the chives, ham, peppers and corn.
- Whilst the rice is cooking brush the turkey fillets lightly with the olive oil and sauté on both sides until properly cooked.
- Remove from the pan and season.
- Serve with the warm rice salad.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.