Tomato, chicken and mozzarella traybake
My variation on a recipe seen in The Times Saturday magazine, 21st may 2022.
A special looking meal that is simple to prepare.
- Up to 8 chicken thighs, depending upon size
- 2 125g balls of mozzarella cheese, drained and roughly torn
- 400g cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Taste Sensation Mexican seasoning
- 2 tablespoons sliced green jalapeno chilli peppers, the pickled type
- 4 tablespoons pickled green olives
- 2 small bulbs of garlic, cloves peeled and smashed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 glass of red wine or sherry
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A pinch of Italian seasoning, or all purpose seasoning
- 2 tbs Taste Sensation Mixed Sweet Red and Green Bell Pepper Granules
- A handful of fresh sage leaves
- Preheat your oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Add the chicken thighs to a large bowl and toss them in olive oil
- Mix the remaining ingredients together
- Mix all of the ingredients together and tip everything into the tray, arranging the chicken thighs so the skin can get crispy
- Pour the red wine into the base of the tray
- Scatter with sage leaves and roast in the oven for 40 minutes, discard any burnt leaves
This is a great recipe for using up 'volunteers' from the fridge. I would normally have used bottled sweet peppers but had run out,. so doubled-up on tomatoes instead. Use sherry, red wine or even half a left-over can of lager just to moisten the dish. A chopped up fennel bulb would be good too.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#sageleaves #oliveoil #tomatochickenandmozzarellatraybake #pickled #chickenthighs #mozzarellacheese #garlic #jalapenochillipeppers #britishrecipes #garlicrecipes #italianseasoning