Tave me presh (Baked leeks)
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1.8 kg leeks, green parts removed and cut into 2.5 cm diagonal slices
- 225 g onions, chopped
- 450 g minced lamb, beef or chicken
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 500 ml hot meat stock or more if needed
- Heat 60 ml oil in a deep saucepan and sauté the leeks until soft.
- Place the leeks in a baking dish.
- Heat the remaining 40 ml of oil in the pan and fry the onions and the meat.
- Add the tomato sauce, red pepper, seasoning and enough meat stock to cover and bring to the boil.
- Pour the meat mixture over the leeks and bake for 1 hour at 190° C (375° F - gas 5).
Serve with mashed potatoes
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.