Spiced rooster potato cakes
Albert Bartlett products can be found in most UK supermarkets. You can find out more about their products at http://albertbartlett.co.uk.
- 1kg Rooster Potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2tbs curry powder
- 200g butter
- 200g plain flour
- 150g soaked raisins
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Toasted cumin seeds
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Put potatoes into a saucepan, cover with cold water, add the 2tbs of curry powder and salt to season.
- Simmer gently until the potatoes are tender (about 15 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C, Gas mark 6.
- When the potatoes are cooked, drain and mash in the saucepan with 150g of butter and adding the flour gradually.
- Finally add the drained raisins, season with salt, pepper and a little curry powder.
- Turn out the potato mix onto a floured work surface and with a rolling pin roll out to 2cm thickness.
- Cut out round the diameter of a glass. With the remaining butter, lightly grease and flour a baking tray.
- Place the potato cakes onto the tray and brush lightly with beaten egg.
- Sprinkle a few toasted cumin seeds onto each cake and place into an oven for 10 minutes.
- Turn during cooking to brown both sides.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of the now inactive www.albert-bartlett.co.uk