Cheese stuffed pancetta chicken breasts
Anne made this for me as a surprise, and very good it was too.
You could make this with one large chicken breast each.
- 4 small chicken breasts
- 80 g sliced pancetta
- 50 g strong cheddar cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 400g passata (1 packet)
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons herbes de provence
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4), [fan oven 160° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Slice the chicken breasts to make pockets in them
- Mix the cheese with the crushed garlic and stuff the chicken breasts with this mixture
- Wrap in pancetta and close with a cocktail stick
- Bake for 30 minutes at 180° C, checking after 15 minutes
- Ideally place on a sheet of bake o glide as it's easier to use any of the cheese that might leak out. It just seems to stick to tin-foil and be wasted.
- Meanwhile, saute the onions for 5 minutes in olive oil that has had a pinch of black pepper added to it
- Mix in the herbes de provence
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.