Sausage pot (slow cooker recipe)
This freezes well for microwave reheating.
- 400 g (1 pack) of your favourite sausages
- Good grind of fresh black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed (or to taste)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced into 'coins'
- 1 large leek, washed and sliced into 'coins'
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 400 ml beef stock made with 1 beef Oxo cube
- 3 tablespoons Branston pickle
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or a wok and add the black pepper. Once it is sizzling, carefully add the sausages and brown for a few minutes until nicely coloured.
- Add the onions, carrots and leeks and sauté for 5 minutes until softened but not coloured.
- Shake the flour into the pan and mix until the oil is absorbed.
- Mix in the stock, bring to the boil, stirring all the while.
- once it has thickened, remove from the heat, stir in the remaining items and taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the slow-cooker crock pot and cook for 5 to 8 hours. Medium setting should be fine for most slow cookers.
Serve with crusty bread
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#leeks #carrots #sausages #blackpepper #bread #onion #beefstock #wok #stock #slowcooked #boil