Sausage and Apple Slaw Muffin
Working and living in East London inspires Andy Bates to create a new recipe: Sausage Muffin with Mango Chutney and Curried Apple Slaw. A street food inspired burger with a difference, the crunchy apple in the slaw is brilliant with the flavour of Perfect Pork Sausages. This recipe can be made Gluten free by using Udi's GF White Rolls.
- 6 debbie&andrews perfect pork sausages
- 4 large English muffins (use gluten free option if preferred, Udi's GF White Rolls)
- 4 tablespoons mango chutney
- For the slaw:
- ¼ head of white cabbage, sliced super thin
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and julienned
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (use Dairy Free option if preferred)
- 2 tablespoon soured cream (use Dairy Free option if preferred)
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- Salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
- Remove sausage meat from skins.
- Shape into 4 flat equal burger patties, cover with cling film and chill until needed.
- Mix the slaw ingredients. Cover until needed.
- Heat a frying pan with a dash of oil and add the patties, cooking for two to three minutes each side, and cook through in a hot oven for 5 minutes. Rest on a plate for 5 minutes.
- Pull apart the muffins with a fork instead of cutting with a knife and toast to your liking.
- To assemble, on one half of a muffin, spoon on a tablespoon of mango chutney, add a patty, then a heaped tablespoon of the slaw and top with the remaining muffin half. Repeat with remaining muffins.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of debbieandandrew.co.uk
Many thanks to debbie&andrew's sausages for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use the their recipes.