A slightly spicy tomato sauce from Uruguay.
- 50 ml olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 large onions, peeled and finely diced
- 1 red chilli, cut into strips
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 3 ripe tomatoes, peeled and cubed
- 65 ml white wine
- 2 green olives, chopped
- 2 black olives, chopped
- 250 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1½ teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon flour
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and gently fry the garlic and onions for about 5 minutes until golden.
- Add the chilli and the carrot and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and wine and after 5 minutes, add the olives, stock, seasonings, herbs and paprika.
- Stir well and allow the sauce to cook slowly for about 30-40 minutes.
- 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time, add the flour.
Add more oil if necessary.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#salsasalu #chilli #oliveoil #onions #paprika #carrot #garlic #sauce #flour #pasta #spicytomatosauce