This is a Thermomix recipe, but a non-Thermomix recipe is available here. It is normally served as a tapa, particularly in the Córdoba province of Spain. If tomatoes are out of season, I make this with tinned ones.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 40g Serrano ham
- 1 kg ripe tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic (or more, taste)
- 20g vinegar (white wine or sherry)
- 110g extra virgin olive oil
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 100g breadcrumbs
- Put the eggs into the bowl and chop 2 seconds / Speed 4. Remove and reserve.
- Next, put the ham in the bowl and press the Turbo 4 or 5 times.
- Check the size and if you want it to be chopped more finely, press the Turbo 3 or 4 times more. The time depends on how hard the ham is. Remove from the bowl and reserve.
- Without washing the bowl, add the garlic, tomatoes and salt 30 seconds / Speed 5.
- Add the bread and vinegar 30 seconds / Speed 5 and 2 minutes / Speed 10. The time will depend on the quality of the tomatoes.
- Running on Speed 5, a pour the oil, little by little, onto the lid, without removing the MC, until it has finished emulsifying.
- Finally, pour the salmorejo into a dish and refrigerate, until you are ready to serve.
- A few minutes before, decorate with the ham and the eggs. Serve very cold.
If you wish, you can use 1.5 kg tomatoes and increase the other ingredients in proportion.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.