- 2 coconuts, grated
- 1.5 litres water
- 1 kg pickled mackerel or shad, soaked for at least 3 hours to remove excess salt, bones also removed
- 2 onions, chopped
- Garlic to taste, chopped
- 3 escallions, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Scotch bonnet, chopped
- 3 sprigs thyme
- Mix the coconut with the water and press through a sieve or piece of muslin.
- Boil the coconut milk rapidly in a frying pan until it resembles curdled custard and oil.
- Add the fish, cover, and cook for 10 minutes over a medium heat.
- Stir in the onion, garlic, escallions, tomatoes, Scotch bonnet and thyme, reduce the heat, and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.