Use rosé wine instead of white wine for a fondue with a pink twist. Chunks of crisp French baguettes, dipped in hot cheese with a bowl of pickles. Great for parties - especially Abigail's.
Time to find the 70's fondue set that we all have, gathering dust under the stairs.
- 1 white French baguette, cubed
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 350 ml rosé wine
- 300g grated Gruyère cheese
- 300g grated Emmental cheese
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 3 tablespoons Kirsch
- Freshly ground black pepper, grated nutmeg, paprika to taste
- On the stove, not the silly little burner, add the wine and bring it to the boil
- Turn down the heat and add both of the cheeses a little at a time, stirring, until it's properly mixed
- Add the crushed garlic - (I now concur with User:JuliaBalbilla on this, don't mess with rubbing round the pan and discarding, chuck it all in!)
- Mix the Kirsch and lemon juice into the cornflour and add to the cheese. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring, until it has thickened
- Add the spices
- Move the pot to the burner on the table
- Spear the bread on to fondue forks and dip into the cheese
- Crank up Donna Summer, love to love you, and begin your party!
Don't have a fondue set?
- Use a heavy cast iron pan such as Le Creuset, take to the table on a thick wooden mat and nip out to the kitchen and reheat if the cheese thickens too much. You'll probably only need to do this once or twice during the meal.
- Eat it over the stove
Then you can decide if you want to go out and buy a fondue set.
Left-over fondue scooped into a baguette and toasted with a Breville Stainless Steel Panini Press makes an excellent breakfast!
- Our selection of other fondue recipes
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#kirsch #lemonjuice #rosafondue #wine #pickles #grated #cornflour #cheeses #garlic #unusualrecipes #fondue