Ready steady pasta recipe
This was one of those Ready Steady Cook moments and the result was rather good so I thought I would add it here so it can be reproduced easily.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium leek
- 350 g box of field mushrooms
- 5cm (2") chorizo sausage
- 1 medium chicken breast
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoon cream sherry
- 150 ml single cream
- Zest and juice of half a lemon
- 300 g fresh pasta of choice
- Slice the chorizo thinly
- Cut the chicken into thin bite-sized pieces - nice and thin means they will cook quickly
- Cut each mushroom onto about 3 slices
- Heat the oil in a wok or a frying pan, add a good grind of pepper and tip in the leeks
- Gentry sauté the leeks for 3 minutes - don't let them take on any colour
- Turn the heat up add add the mushrooms and stir-fry them until they start to release a little water
- Add the chorizo and stir-fry for for 2 minutes
- Mix in the chicken pieces and the sliced garlic and cook until the chicken is done and not pink when cut.
- Now is a good time to start the broccoli and the pasta - add the pasta to fast boiling water and boil for about 4 minutes. Dried pasta will take longer. The broccoli should be steamed for about the same time depending upon how well cooked you like it.
- This should only take 3 or 4 minutes if the chicken is cut thinly enough.
- Add the sherry the zest and juice from half a lemon and stir well to de-glaze the pan.
- Remove from the heat and pour in the cream and mix really well to combine.
- Pour over the cooked pasta.
Serve with steamed broccoli
Make your own pasta from scratch
The normal (non-Youtube) recipe for home-made pasta is here if you prefer.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.