Quinoa bread (TM)
- 60g quinoa plus a little extra to sprinkle on top of the loaf
- 60g buckwheat
- 40g linseeds
- 350g sparkling mineral water
- 350g strong white bread flour
- 7g fast action dried yeast
- 10g salt
- 20g olive oil
- 20g sunflower seeds
- Grind the buckwheat, quinoa and linseeds 15 seconds / Speed 7 - it should still have a slightly coarse texture. Empty the bowl and reserve.
- Mix the water and bread flour 6 seconds / Speed 7 and leave for 2 hours.
- Add the remaining ingredients and the seed mix, except for the sunflower seeds 2 minutes / Knead
- Add the sunflower seeds 15 seconds / Knead.
- Shape into a ball and leave in a covered, oiled bowl overnight in the fridge.
- The following morning, remove the dough from the fridge and bring up to room temperature.
- Knock back, return to the bowl, shaped into a ball, cover and leave until almost doubled in size.
- Knock back gently and mould into required shape.
- Prove again, until almost doubled in size.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour].
- Brush the top of the loaf with oil or water and sprinkle with a little quinoa.
- Bake for 40 minutes and allow to cool on a rack before slicing.
- Lightly adapted from a recipe on the Thermomix Australia Website
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.