Potato, smoked haddock and leek soup
Albert Bartlett products can be found in most UK supermarkets. You can find out more about their products at http://albertbartlett.co.uk.
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 600g Peeled Rooster potatoes, cut into large dice (2cm)
- 600g Un-dyed smoked haddock
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 3 Leeks sliced
- 750 ml Water
- 75ml Double cream
- 25g Butter
- 4 Spring onions sliced
- bouquet garni
- Put the haddock, chopped onion and bouquet garni into a saucepan, cover with water and bring to a simmer.
- Skim the surface of any froth, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Lift the haddock from the pan, remove any skin and bones, flake the haddock and return the skin and bones to the water and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain the fish stock.
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan, add the washed and sliced leeks, cook till just soft, add the potatoes and continue to cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the fish stock and simmer gently till potatoes are tender.
- Add the double cream and bring to the boil, add the haddock, check for seasoning.
- Divide into bowls and sprinkle the spring onions on top.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of the now inactive www.albert-bartlett.co.uk