Potaje canario de berros (Canarian watercress soup) (TM)
- 400g watercress
- 800g water
- 50g extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 70g pancetta, cut into pieces
- 1 corn cob
- 200g yam [presumably chopped]
- 400g potatoes
- 2 vegetable stock cubes or salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 200g cooked white beans
- Put half the water and half the watercress in the bowl 10 seconds / Speed 4-5.
- Drain the watercress and reserve the water.
- Do the same with the rest of the water and watercress.
- Drain and put the watercress with the previous batch and reserve the water also with the previous.
- Put the oil and the garlic into the bowl and chop 4 seconds / Speed 5.
- Add the pancetta 5 seconds / Temp. Varoma / Reverse Blade / Speed Spoon.
- Incorporate the corn cob, cut into rounds, the yam, watercress and water 20 mins / Temp. Varoma / Reverse Blade / Speed Spoon.
- Add the potatoes, cut into pieces, the paprika, stock cubes and the cumin 20 mins / Temp. Varoma / Reverse Blade / Speed Spoon.
- 10 minutes before the end, add the white beans through the hole in the lid.
- This is a translation of a recipe in Thermomix TM31 - Imprescindible para tu cocina which is the book supplied with Spanish TMXs
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.