Plain buttered couscous
- 350 dried couscous, rinsed in cold running water and well drained
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 400 ml warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 25g butter, broken into pea-sized pieces
- Preheat the oven to 160° C (325° F - gas 3), [fan oven 140° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Add the couscous and the warm water to an oven-proof dish and stir in the salt
- Leave for 10 minutes for the water to absorb
- Using your fingers, rub the oil into the couscous and separate the grains
- Dot the butter over the top, cover with tin-oil and bake for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, heat the 15g of butter in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the almonds and fry until they just start to turn golden, stirring all the while.
- Arrange the couscous in a mound on a plate and top with the almonds and butter.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.