Piri piri hazelnuts
I've used two tablespoons of Taste Sensation piri piri seasoning. You might try just one tablespoon to start with if you're not sure how hot you want them. The spice mix is nice and subtle, not just heat.
- 200 g pack of hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon of butter ghee - normal butter or even olive oil would also be fine
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon of demerara sugar
- 2 tablespoon Taste Sensation piri piri seasoning Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon pink sea salt - optional
- A quick spray of olive oil
- Heat the ghee or butter in a wok or pan being careful not to burn it
- Have the nut ready to tip in to stop the garlic cooking
- Carefully sizzle the crushed garlic to remove as much of the water content. The moment the garlic starts to colour, remove the pan and tip in the hazelnuts and stir well
- Add the sugar, heat and stir until it melts, then sprinkle the remaining spices, stir well and toss to mix everything together
- You might want to add a quick spray of olive oil at the very end, just to gloss the nuts so they look nice!
Not a problem for me as I don't suppose they'll survive the day!
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.