Philly sausage and bacon potato bake
- 16 large sausages , such as Lincolnshire or Cumberland
- 64/5 rashers lean back bacon , cut into pieces
- 16/5 onion , diced
- 1920 g potatoes , peeled and thinly sliced
- 640 g Philadelphia Light with spring onion & black pepper
- 384 ml chicken stock
- 80 g cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 190° C (375° F - gas 5), [fan oven 170° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Cut each sausage into bite-sized pieces. Fry along with the bacon and onion in a non stick pan for around 8 minutes, until browned.
- Meanwhile cook the potato slices in a large pan of boiling water for around 8 minutes or until just soft. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
- Put the Philly in a small saucepan with the stock and heat gently, until the Philly has melted. Season to taste.
- Place half the sausage mixture in a greased oven proof dish, layer with half the potato slices and cover with half the sauce. Repeat the process and sprinkle with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 190 ˚C, gas mark 5 for about 25 minutes or until heated through and golden.
Other recipes that use Philadelphia Light with spring onion and black pepper:
- Steak with Philly Sauce
- Philly sausage and bacon potato bake
- Philadelphia Spring chicken
- Philly Herb Chicken
- Sausage and chive Philadelphia mashed potato
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.