Pear, red onion and Gorgonzola pizza
This recipe needs advance preparation!
Another recipe from British Onions.
- 500g Strong white bread flour
- ½ pint tepid water
- 1 teaspoon easy yeast or 1 sachet of yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon golden caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 tablespoons pizza sauce or passata
- 1 red onions, sliced into 5mm rings
- 1 pear sliced into 20 mm slices
- 150g gorgonzola cheese, chopped into pieces
- 4 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 25g rocket leaves
- Olive oil to serve
- Put the yeast in a bowl, with the sugar and cover with the warm water.
- Leave this to the side for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl (or even better, a mixer or bread maker), add the flour, yeast and sugar solution, salt and olive oil.
- Mix together to form a soft dough.
- If doing by hand turn the bread out onto a floured surface, then with a firm fist, knead the bread, for 10 minutes.
- Place the dough in a large clean mixing bowl, which has had a dribble of oil wiped over it.
- Cover with some oiled cling film and leave in a warm place such as an airing cupboard or near a warm cooker for 1 hour.
- When you come back to it, the dough will have doubled in size.
- Remove the cling film and stick your fist into the dough. It will knock all the air out of it.
- Knock the dough around for a minute or until it has deflated. It is now ready to shape.
- Heat an oven to 200C.
- Cut the dough into 4 then roll out each piece into a flat thin round pizza base.
- Prick the pizza all over with a fork. This prevents it puffing up too much and burning while it is cooking.
- Top each pizza with 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce, some onions rings, pear slices, some Gorgonzola, 1 tablespoon of walnuts.
- Lay the pizzas on baking trays and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. You want to base to be golden and crispy and the cheese to be melted and gooey.
- When they have finished cook top with a handful of rocket and a drizzle of olive oil and serve.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of British Onions
#dough #oliveoil #yeast #pizza #pearredonionandgorgonzolapizza #rocket #pear #gorgonzola #clingfilm #walnuts #pizzas