Patatas guisadas con gambas (Potato and prawn stew) (TM)
For the broth
- 175g prawns, shells and heads removed, but reserved
- 400g water
For the sofrito
- 70g extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried choricero pepper, ground or 1 tablespoon paprika
- 100g green peppers
- 100g red peppers
- 150g onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 200g tomatoes, crushed
- 1kg potatoes, peeled and cut into medium sized pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Chopped parsley
- Put the shells and heads of the prawns in the bowl together with the water 5 minutes / 100° / Speed 4.
- Strain, and reserve the broth (the bodies of the prawns will be incorporated at the end of the recipe).
- Thoroughly wash the bowl and lid.
- In the bowl, put the sofrito ingredients and chop 5 seconds / Speed 4.
- Next, program 10 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 3½.
- With the spatula, push down the ingredients on the inside wall of the bow.
- Fit the Butterfly on the blades add the rest of the ingredients (excluding the prawns) and the stock 23 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Reverse Blade / Speed Spoon.
- After this time add the bodies of the prawns and leave to rest.
- Adjust the seasoning and serve, garnished with the chopped parsley.
- This is a translation of a recipe in Thermomix TM31 - Imprescindible para tu cocina which is the book supplied with Spanish TMXs
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.