Pappardelle rustiche all'amatriciana
- 120g pancetta or streaky bacon, cut into thin strips
- Olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- Garlic to taste, chopped
- 500g ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 roasted red peppers, finely chopped
- 400g pappardelle rustiche
- 20g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat a little oil in a pan and gently cook the pancetta or bacon.
- Add the onion and the garlic and allow turn golden.
- Add the tomates, season and cook until the sauce is done.
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta in plenty of salted boiling water for 10 minutes, or until al dente.
- Drain, and place in a serving bowl.
- Add the sauce, tossing it lightly and sprinkle with some Parmesan.
Serve with salad.
Make your own pasta from scratch
The normal (non-Youtube) recipe for home-made pasta is here if you prefer.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.