Pane al parmigiano with tang zhong (TM)
This recipe needs advance preparation!
- 30g white bread flour
- 150g water
- 7g sachet dried fast action yeast
- A further 270g of white bread flour
- 200g rye flour
- 100g Parmesan, grated
- 9g salt
- A further 225g water
- Extra Parmesan, grated
- Put the 30g flour and 150g water into the bowl 5 minutes / 65°C / Speed 4, reducing to Speed 2 after 2 minutes.
- Leave to cool to room temperature.
- Add the yeast, flours, grated Parmesan, salt and the 225g water to the bowl 20 secs / Speed 4.
- Then 4 minutes / Knead.
- Shape into a ball and place in a lightly oiled bowl.
- Cover and leave to rise in the fridge - this could be overnight or for several hours.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and bring up to room temperature.
- Shape and place in either a 1kg loaf tin or banneton which has been greased and lightly coated with polenta.
- Cover the tin or banneton with oiled cling film and leave to prove.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190° C (375° F - gas 5), [fan oven 170° C ].
- If using a banneton, carefully invert the dough onto a baking tray or stone, which has been sprinkled with more polenta.
- Sprinkle the dough with grated Parmesan and bake for xx minutes.
- Turn out of the tine or remove from the baking tray and leave to cool thoroughly before slicing
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#parmesan #grated #polenta #banneton #dough #flour #yeast #whitebread #fridge #bakingtray #tangzhong