Minty, lemony spring greens, spuds and pancetta
- 500g new potatoes, cut into 3-4cm chunks
- 140g spring greens, spinach or chard, after stems removed, sliced into thin ribbons*
- Olive oil
- 70g pancetta or smoky bacon, snipped into little squares
- ½ onion (red, if you have one), finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- Lots of freshly ground pepper
- 1 lemon
- A dash of cider or red wine vinegar
- A handful of fresh mint, finely chopped, plus a bit to garnish
- In salted water, with a splash of oil, boil your small pieces of potatoes till tender. Test by piercing though the centre of one with a small knife.
- Fold your greens through the boiling water and cook, with the spuds, for a min. Drain. Let them rest for a min to steam off any remaining moisture. Dust with a pinch of salt and pepper. Splash a bit of olive oil over to gloss.
- Fry the pancetta till crisp and golden. Remove from the pan. Add the onion, garlic and a splash of olive oil, if needed. Sizzle till softened.
- Dress the veg with lemon juice and zest. Add the onion and garlic. Toss with the chopped mint. Taste. Add a drop of vinegar, to give it a bit more oomph. Scatter over the pancetta. Finish with the fresh mint. Devour.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
All of the ingredients in this recipe can be delivered to your door by Abel & Cole; weekly home deliveries of organic fruit and vegetable boxes, and much much more.
#oliveoil #onion #mintylemonyspringgreensspudsandpancetta #mint #pancetta #garlic #springgreens #vinegar #barbecue #boiling #lemon