Mexican Pulled Pork
As this is an experiment I had 1.4kg of pork shoulder and got the butcher to cut it into three slices. This is what I did with the second slice.
I hope Adrienne and Martin enjoy it as much as we did!
- 500g pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoons Taste Sensation Mexican seasoning
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- Half a large orange, sliced with the rind left on
- 300 ml white wine
- 1 tablespoon muscovado sugar
- Remove any string and excess fat or rind from the pork
- Coat both sides of the pork with the Taste Sensation Mexican seasoning
- Line the slow cooker with the chopped onions and half of the orange slices
- Lay the pork on to and cover with the remaining orange slices
- Pour the white wine into the base of the slow cooker
- Slow cook on medium for eight hours or so
- Check halfway through to ensure it is not drying out and add a little extra liquid if needed.
- Remove the rind and drain and excess fat with a paper towel
- Shred the pork into the gravy and serve!
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.