Merluza a la Gallega (with chorizo)
- 4 x 250 g hake steaks
- 800 g potatoes, thinly sliced
- 200 ml white wine
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 100 g green peas
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 50 ml olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves sliced
- 2 soft chorizo sausages (about 15cm each) thinly sliced
- 1 large green pepper julienned
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- sprig of parsley
- Heat oil in a cazuela or high sided saute pan.
- Add onions and garlic and cook gently until soft.
- Add chorizo, green peppers and paprika and fry for 5/7 mins.
- Stir in potatoes, peas, add wine and stock (this should just cover contents), season with salt & pepper.
- Bring to boil and then simmer uncovered for 10/15 mins until potatoes are just tender.
- Season hake well on both sides, add on top of pan contents, cover and simmer for a further 10 mins until hake is cooked through.
- Garnish with parsley.
See also Merluza a la gallega (Galician style hake) for a more authentic version.
Recipe added by Martin Street 19 September 2009
Comments have been posted here, regarding the authenticity of this recipe.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#potatoes #hake #onions #simmer #chorizo #paprika #greenpeppers #garlic #parsley #greenpeas #fry