Another recipe for you to to try out your Balazu rose harissa paste.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus some for frying
- 6 allspice berries, crushed or about 1/3 of a teaspoon of allspice powder.
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of Belazu Rose Harissa
- 500g minced lamb
- 1 large egg
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 a cup of cornmeal*
- flour for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4)
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the oil until very soft.
- Add the spices and the Belazu Rose Harissa and cook for 1 minute. Cool.
- Mix with the lamb and the egg and lots of seasoning.
- Add the cornmeal and mix well
- Shape into about 27 balls and roll in a little flour. Heat the oil in a frying pan and quickly brown the meatballs in batches.
- Transfer to a baking tray and finish cooking in the oven for about 10 minutes.
(Marie Claire Food)
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Belazu.com
Belazu products used in this recipe
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.