Kale and sausage soup (GF)
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 1 pack Debbie and Andrew's Perfect Cumberland Pork Sausages
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Half a teaspoon of ground allspice
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 125g fresh curly kale, stems discarded and leaves roughly chopped
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your grill
- Grill the sausages for 20 minutes or so, until cooked through. Turn often to ensure even colouring. When cool enough to handle, cut into thick slices and put to one side.
- Now heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the onion and sweat until soft and golden. Stir in the garlic, cinnamon and allspice.
- Add the carrots and red pepper to the pan, then stir in the stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, partially covered.
- Add the kale to the pan and simmer for a further 10 minutes until all the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the chickpeas and sausage slices, warm through, then serve with bread and butter.
- Udis Gluten Free Products for gluten free bread and baking.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of debbieandandrew.co.uk
Many thanks to debbie&andrew's sausages for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use the their recipes.