A selection of Jerk recipes and ingredients
Jerk is a style of cooking native to Jamaica in which meat is dry-rubbed or wet marinated with a very hot spice mixture called Jamaican jerk spice. Jerk seasoning is traditionally applied to pork and chicken. Modern recipes also apply jerk spice mixes to fish, shrimp, shellfish, beef, sausage, lamb and tofu. Jerk seasoning principally relies upon two items: allspice (called "pimento" in Jamaica) and Scotch bonnet peppers. Other ingredients include cloves, cinnamon, scallions, nutmeg, thyme, garlic and salt.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
- Jamaican jerk spice mix recipes
- Jerk grilled salmon
- Jamie Oliver's Jerk seasoning
- Jamie Oliver's Marmalade glazed jerk gammon
- Fast and easy jerk roast chicken
- Jerked pork chops
- Rhubarb and ginger glazed jerk gammon
- Walkerswood traditional Jamaican jerk seasoning
- Sun Scotch bonnet yellow chili pepper sauce
- Scotch bonnet chilli peppers