Italian-style pork fillets with sage and white wine
(Redirected from Italian-style pork fillets with sage and white wine recipe)
- 1 large pork fillet, cut into medallions or 4 pork shoulder steaks
- 15 g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 fresh sage leaves
- 4 cloves of Garlic, peeled and crushed
- 100 ml white wine
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan on a medium heat and brown the steaks, turning often. Continue cooking until the steaks are properly cooked, this will take about 15 minutes, less for medallions of pork.
- Drain any excess fat from the pan and add the garlic, sage and seasoning. Fry until the garlic starts to take a little colour, then add the wine.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 3 minutes.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#italianstyleporkfilletswithsageandwhitewine #porkfillet #butter #porkshoulder #garlic #singlecream #fat #whitewine #simmer #tomatoes #wine