Ham, tomato and pasta scramble
A quick and easy recipe that is idea for students or anyone who is short on time and cooking equipment.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 125 g pack of cooked sliced ham, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- ¼ teaspoon caster sugar, or cheat: crush normal sugar between 2 tablespoons
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 225 g (8 oz) spaghetti
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 ball of mozzarella cheese, grated or finely sliced and chopped
- Boil a kettle full of water for your pasta
- Add the olive oil to a frying pan and give it a good twist of black pepper
- Gently fry the onions for 4 minutes, stirring now and then
- Add the garlic and fry for another few minutes, don't let it burn
- Add the ham and 'stir-fry' it for a minute so it can absorb the flavour of the garlic and onions
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti for 8 to 10 minutes in lightly salted boiling water
- Drain and return to the pasta saucepan
- Pour the sauce over the cooked pasta and mix really well
Make your own pasta from scratch
The normal (non-Youtube) recipe for home-made pasta is here if you prefer.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.