Ham, tomato and pasta scramble
A quick and easy recipe that is idea for students or anyone who is short on time and cooking equipment.
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 125 g pack of cooked sliced ham, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- ¼ teaspoon caster sugar, or cheat: crush normal sugar between 2 tablespoons
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 225 g (8 oz) spaghetti
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 ball of mozzarella cheese, grated or finely sliced and chopped
- Boil a kettle full of water for your pasta
- Add the olive oil to a frying pan and give it a good twist of black pepper
- Gently fry the onions for 4 minutes, stirring now and then
- Add the garlic and fry for another few minutes, don't let it burn
- Add the ham and 'stir-fry' it for a minute so it can absorb the flavour of the garlic and onions
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti for 8 to 10 minutes in lightly salted boiling water
- Drain and return to the pasta saucepan
- Pour the sauce over the cooked pasta and mix really well
Make your own pasta from scratch
The normal (non-Youtube) recipe for home-made pasta is here if you prefer.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.