Guisantes a la Alavesa (Alava peas)
- 60 ml olive oil
- 3 red peppers, preferably of the thick-skinned and slightly pointed variety, chopped
- 200 g ordinary ham off the bone, cut into fingers
- 500 g garden peas (without pods)
- 3 peeled tomatoes
- Garlic, to taste, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a saucepan or pot and briefly fry the ham. Remove the ham from the pan.
- Add the peas, garlic, tomatoes and peppers to the oil.
- Slowly add a few tablespoons of water, cover and increase to maximum heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes, adding more water as necessary.
- Return the ham to the pan to heat through and add salt to taste.
Can be served cold.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.