Griddle pan waffles
It does not require a Waffle maker and can made with a normal stove-top griddle pan.
- 2 free range eggs
- 300 ml buttermilk or semi-skimmed milk
- See this buttermilk link for how to make your own buttermilk from regular milk
- 225 g (8 oz) self-raising flour
- ¼ teaspoons table salt
- 100g butter , softened in the microwave for a few seconds
- 1tsp extra butter for cooking
- Optional for sweet waffles:
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pre heat the oven to 160° C (325° F - gas 3) if you are making lots so they can be kept warm
- Get the griddle pan nice and hot before hand as some cast iron pans can take a while to get hot.
- Whisk the milk and eggs in a large bowl
- Using a fine sieve, sift the flour, salt and baking powder into the egg-mix.
- Fold the softened butter into the mixture. Mix this just enough to combine the ingredients. Jamie Oliver advises not to over-mix at this stage or the waffles will not puff up.
- Add the extra teaspoons of butter to the pan and brush or swill to coat evenly.
- Immediately pour the mixture into the pan over a medium heat and carefully tip it to spread and cover the whole of the pan as you would with a pancake
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes on this side, or until golden, then then flip the waffle and cook for another 8 to 10 minutes on this side
- If you are making lots then keep them warm in the oven, but don't stack them of they will sweat
- A basic waffle mix that can be used in machine or made in a griddle pan
- Breakfast waffles
- J.M. Posner Belgian Waffle Maker
- Ready to use waffle mix, just add oil and water
- J.M. Posner Belgian Waffle Maker user manual
- Waffle recipes and ingredients
- Waffle maker and accessories J.m. Posner
- Waffle maker + waffle mix Amazon Uk
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#butter #griddlepanwaffles #buttermilk #banana #freerangeeggs #hand #fetacheese #avocado #wafflemaker #chocolatesauce #pancake