Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 50 g dark chocolate (Green & Blacks Organic Chocolate is great in this recipe)
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup double cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat the butter and chocolate in a bain marie
- Mix the sugar and cocoa together separately
- Add the double cream to the sugar and cocoa, stirring thoroughly.
- Add this paste to the heated chocolate and simmer this mixture for 6 minutes
- Whisk in the vanilla extract
- Best served sightly warm
Sprinkle with a few finely chopped fresh mint leaves for a nice change.
How to prevent home made ice cream from freezing solid in the freezer
Home made ice cream is usually reasonably soft and 'scoopable' straight out of the ice cream maker, but once it is placed in the freezer for more than a few hours it becomes a solid block of ice, effectively.
Unfortunately without using artificial additives it is not generally possible to keep it soft once you freeze it. I have tried many suggestions and they all fail miserably, apart from this one!
Place the hard-frozen ice cream in your refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours before you want to use it and re-freeze it immediately you have scooped out what you need.
Admittedly this does require some planning ahead, but it does mean you'll have usable ice-cream.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.