Gluten free sausage cassoulet
- 1 Pack of Debbie and Andrew's Harrogate 97% Gluten Free Pork Sausages
- 2tbs olive oil
- 200g smoked lardons
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 sage leaves - roughly chopped
- ½ bottle of red wine
- 400g can cannellini beans - drained and rinsed
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 2tbs honey
- 50g gluten free breadcrumbs
- Use a large, stovetop and oven friendly dish. On a medium/high heat, fry off the lardons, onion, carrot, sweet potato, celery and sage in the olive oil until golden brown - about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and red wine and cook out for 5 minutes until reduced by half.
- Add your tomatoes, cannellini beans, honey and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the debbie&andrews Harrogate 97% Pork Sausages carefully on top being careful not to fully submerge as you want the sausages to get a lovely golden brown colour.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs, drizzle with a little extra olive oil and lay a few extra whole sage leaves on the top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of debbieandandrew.co.uk
Many thanks to debbie&andrew's sausages for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use the their recipes.