Gluten Free Egg Tortilla Bake
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon Goya Adobo with Habanero or Goya Adobo without Pepper, if you prefer a less spicy version.
- 3 gluten green corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Goya Salsa Rojo Mexicana
- 3 scallions or green onions, minced
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon El Sabor de Casa Cilantro Paste or ¼ cup thinly minced cilantro/coriander.
- Butter flavoured cooking spray or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ Cup Goya Pice de Gallo, as a extra side.
- Preheat oven and coat iron skillet with cooking spray or oil.
- Scramble eggs, sprinkling a bit of salt for flavour, under low-medium heat until set and transfer to a plate. Then divide the eggs in half.
- Combine adobo, Salsa Roja, Cilantro paste and green onion.
- Place corn tortilla on skillet. Top with half the eggs, spread evenly across the tortilla. Then top with a thin layer of salsa, sliced tomatoes, cheese...Then add another corn tortilla, then remaining eggs, salsa, another tortilla and then the remaining cheese.
- Arrange remaining tomatoes on the center of the top, with a thin layer of pico de gallo along the edges.
- Bake for ten minutes, until cheese bubbles. Serve with remaining pico de gallo.
We have our own Pico de gallo salsa recipe if you fancy a homemade version.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
This recipe has been added courtesy of Carla Cancio-Bello - cuban cuisine.co.uk. Unfortunately, as of February 2019 the website is no longer in existence.