Fruit crumble (TM)
For the crumble topping
- 100g plain flour
- 50g ground almonds
- 125g chilled, unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 70g demerara sugar
For the fruit compote
- 750g fruit (this can be fresh, frozen and defrosted or confit / jarred and strained), stalks, cores, stones etc removed and peeled if necessary. Dice larger fruit (apples, pears, peaches etc) into 2cm cubes.
- 60g unsalted butter
- 60g demerara sugar
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5
- Put the ingredients for the crumble mixture into the bowl Turbo three times
- Spread the mixture on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Do not allow to burn.
- Meanwhile, without washing the bowl, start the fruit compote by melting the butter and sugar 7 minutes / 90C / Speed Spoon.
- Add any hard fruit, eg apples 3 minutes / 100C / Speed Spoon / Reverse blade / MC Off
- Add any soft fruit, eg berries and the cinnamon and cook for a further 3 minutes / 100C / Speed Spoon / Reverse blade / MC Off
- Switch off the machine and leave for another 2-3 minutes
- Pour the fruit into an oven proof serving bowl (or individual pudding bowls), sprinkle with the crumble and gently heat at 190C/170C fan/gas 5 for about 5 minutes
- Based on a recipe by Raymond Blanc
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.