Duelos y quebrantos (Scrambled eggs with chorizo)
"Duelos y quebrantos" literally means "wounds and suffering" due to the paprika in the chorizo bleeding into the eggs. This recipe is from La Mancha, and it would make an excellent hot breakfast alternative to bacon and eggs.
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 225 g spicy (picante) cooking chorizo, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lard or oil
- 4 tablespoons stale bread, diced
- 8 eggs, beaten
- Chilli flakes, to taste, if desired
- Heat the lard or oil in a pan and fry the chorizo until it starts to go brown.
- Add the bread cubes and turn them in the oil until they are crisp.
- Carefully stir in the eggs and add the chilli flakes, if using, and a little salt.
- Scramble the eggs until they begin to set and remove from the heat.
- Serve immediately.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.