Duelos y quebrantos (Scrambled eggs with chorizo)
"Duelos y quebrantos" literally means "wounds and suffering" due to the paprika in the chorizo bleeding into the eggs. This recipe is from La Mancha, and it would make an excellent hot breakfast alternative to bacon and eggs.
- 225 g spicy (picante) cooking chorizo, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lard or oil
- 4 tablespoons stale bread, diced
- 8 eggs, beaten
- Chilli flakes, to taste, if desired
- Heat the lard or oil in a pan and fry the chorizo until it starts to go brown.
- Add the bread cubes and turn them in the oil until they are crisp.
- Carefully stir in the eggs and add the chilli flakes, if using, and a little salt.
- Scramble the eggs until they begin to set and remove from the heat.
- Serve immediately.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.