Cuitlacoche crepes by Mezcal Cantina
Having being established long before Dalston was declared the coolest place in Britain. Located on Kingsland High Street, Mezcal Cantina is a fantastic small unpretentious authentic Mexican restaurant. Enjoy all the Mexican fare that Mezcal Cantina has to offer with authentic recipes for salsa, stews, tacos, and more. Try their amazing Pozole.
- 4 flour tortillas
- 380 g La Costena Cuitlacoche (1 Cuitlacoche)
- 6 chopped Mushrooms into slices
- 3 garlic cloves finned chopped
- 100g jalapenos chillies
- 50g onion slices
- 100g sweet corn
- Salt to taste
- preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4), [fan oven 160° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- In a large pan place the mushrooms, garlic, jalapeno chillies, onions & the sweet corn and fry for 5-10 minutes.
- Place La Costena Cuitlacoche into the pan on a low heat for about 20 minutes.
- In a pan, place the garlic and the onion until they are fried.
- Put the fried garlic and onion into a food processor and add the rest of the ingredients.
- In a hot pan, warm the flour tortillas.
- Fill the flour tortillas with the Cuitlacoche (Part 1)
- Add the sauce on the top of the flour tortilla with a layer of Mozzarella cheese.
- Put into the oven for 3 minutes.
- Serve with rice and La Costena refried pinto beans.
- Cuitlacoche - corn smut
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
Mextrade.co.uk has kindly given Cookipedia permission to reproduce this recipe.
Mextrade was founded in 2010 by Mexican entrepreneur’s cuisine lovers, opened with a primary goal of bringing irresistible flavours from the best quality Mexican products to households, kitchens and dinner tables across the UK.