You can discover more about Hungarian recipes and specialist suppliers here.
- 250 g lard
- 500 g chicken livers
- Garlic to taste, finely diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 2 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
- 30 ml red wine
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 250 g rindless streaky bacon, cut into small pieces
- Salt, to taste
- Melt the lard in a pan and cook the chicken livers, garlic and carrot.
- When almost cooked, add the tomato purée, paprika, red wine and parsley.
- Blend in a food processor and turn out into a bowl.
- Fry the bacon pieces until crisp and mix in with the pâté.
- Place the mixture into a terrine dish and when cool, keep in the fridge.
- Cover with some more melted lard to improve its keeping qualities.
Try adding a few herbs for extra flavour.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.