Crema de gambas y calabacín (Prawn and courgette soup) (TM)
For this Thermomix recipe, you need to start off with whole, uncooked prawns. If unavailable, use 100g shelled and cooked prawns and just heat through for 1 minute at the end. For the stock, just use fish or vegetable stock.
For the soup-
- 200g prawns
- 2 leeks
- ¼ onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 courgette, peeled
- 200g water
- 50g single cream
For the stock
- Remove the shells and the heads from the prawns and keep them for the stock.
- Put the prawns to one side.
- Add the stock ingredients to the bowl 5 minutes / 100° / Speed 5.
- Strain it and reserve.
- Wash the leeks, discarding the green part and cut it into pieces.
- Peel and cut the onion.
- Clean the jug thoroughly and add the oil, butter, leeks and onion 7 minutes / 100° / Speed 5.
- Add the cut courgette, salt and water 10 minutes / 100° / Speed 5.
- After the time is up, add the stock and cream 5 minutes / 90° / Speed 1.
- Finally put the prawns through the hole in the lid 3 minutes / 90° / Speed 1.
- Translated from a recipe in Cocina española con Thermomix (Susaeta Ediciones)
Needs garlic! Suggest when sautéing leeks and onion use Speed 1 with MC off after chopping, for longer than 7 minutes if necessary. Suggest a blast at Speed 9 or 10 before adding prawns, to improve silkiness. I used low-fat yogurt instead of the cream and this should be slaked with ½ teaspoon of cornflour and 1 teaspoon of water.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.