Cream of courgette soup (TM)
- 30g extra virgin olive oil
- 30g butter
- 150g leeks (white parts only) or onion, cut in rounds
- 1 clove garlic
- 700g courgettes, peeled and chopped
- 700g water or milk
- 6 quesitos (little cheeses in triangles wrapped in foil such as Dairylea)
- Chopped parsley or chives
- Put the oil, butter, leeks and garlic in the bowl 8 seconds / Speed 5.
- [Scrape down the bowl] 12 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 1.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for the quesitos 20 minutes / 100° / Speed 1 (if using milk set at 90°).
- Allow to cool a little 40 seconds / Speed 7.
- If necessary, repeat the operation.
- Add the quesitos 5 minutes / 90° / Speed 5.
- Correct seasoning if necessary and serve sprinkled with the parsley or chives.
I heated the oil and butter 8 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed Spoon, then added the leeks and garlic 20 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed Spoon / Reverse Blade / MC. This was to allow them to caramelise properly. I used 1 bulb of garlic and substituted the cheese triangles with some slices of Caşcaval. I also included some Marigold Swiss bouillon powder, but be sparing with it if you are using a salty cheese.
- This is a translation of a recipe in Thermomix TM31 Imprescindible para tu cocina' which is the book supplied with Spanish TMXs.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.