Cogumelos Vila Vicosa
A mushroom recipe from Vila Vicosa in Évora in the region of Alentejo.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 1 kg small mushrooms, wiped
- butter or olive oil
- 2 large onions, diced or chopped
- 360 ml red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 12 slices presunto or Spanish jamón serrano, diced
- 200 g walnuts, chopped
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- A pinch of thyme
- Seasoning, to taste
- Melt the butter in a pan and fry the onions until they are soft.
- Add the mushrooms, wine, tomato purée, Tabasco, thyme and seasoning.
- When the mushrooms are almost cooked, drain off the liquid into another pan and reduce this by half.
- Return the liquid to the mushroom. stir in the ham and walnuts and serve.
I added about 6 cloves of crushed garlic and used sliced chorizo instead of the ham. Although it does not look that great, it has been hailed a success and already been requested again! --Chef 09:37, 13 March 2011 (GMT)
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.