A meat pie from Chur in the Swiss canton of Graubünden (Grisons).
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 500 g shortcrust pastry
- 30 g butter
- 1 medium onion, coarsely diced
- 2 slices middle bacon, coarsely chopped
- 250 g beef, minced
- 250 g pork, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 60 ml red wine
- 60 ml hot beef stock
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ marjoram
- ½ paprika
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 190° C (375° F - gas 5).
- Grease a 23 cm pie tin
- Roll out two thirds of the pastry, and use it to line the pie tin.
- Bake blind for 7-10 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the onion and bacon over a low heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the meat and fry until lightly browned.
- Stir in the flour and add the hot beef stock and then the wine.
- Stir until smooth and add the salt, marjoram and paprika.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool and spread over the pastry.
- Roll the remaining pastry into a lid.
- Brush the edges with beaten egg and place the lid over the pie.
- Press the edges to seal and prick the lid with a fork in several places.
- Bake for about 40 minutes until golden brown.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.