Chicken stock concentrate (TM)
One of the great things about owning a Thermomix is its ability to make stock concentrates which can be kept in the fridge in a jar or plastic container. It works out so much cheaper than commercial stock cubes and contains no nasty chemicals.
- 375g raw chicken, roughly chopped
- 430g vegetables (I used 2 celery stalks, ½ large carrot, 1 medium onion, 1 bulb garlic and ½ small courgette) chopped into large pieces
- 2-3 teaspoons dried herbes de provence
- 200g coarse sea salt
- 65g white wine
- Put the chicken in the bowl Speed 5-7-9 / 10 seconds
- Add the vegetables Speed 6 / 10-15 seconds
- Add the dried herbs, salt and wine Speed 2 / Temp. Varoma / 20 minutes using internal steaming basket on the top, rather than the MC.
- When the cooking time is over and the mixture has cooled somewhat, replace the MC Speed 10 / 1 minute.
Use 1 teaspoon of the concentrate to 500ml of water.
It will taste very salty in its concentrated form, but once diluted in water it will be fine.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#chicken #vegetables #dried #whitewine #courgette #stockcubes #thermomix #onion #coarseseasalt #thermomixrecipes #carrot