The are a really special kind of Chicken Fried Steak, only better! - Jerry
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 140 ml white wine or chicken stock
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- Butterfly the chicken breasts and hammer them to an even thickness of about 5mm (1/4")- details here
- Season the flour with salt and pepper and paprika and mix in all of the grated Parmesan cheese
- Moisten the chicken pieces with a little water.
- Dredge the chicken pieces in the mixture and ensure they are well coated - leave for 5 minutes then dredge again.
- Heat the oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in a large frying pan, season with a grind of pepper and fry the chicken for about 3 minutes per side, ensuring they are properly cooked.
- reserve and keep warm whilst you prepare the sauce.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine or chicken stock
- Stir in the lemon juice and capers then turn up the heat and reduce by about half.
- Whisk the butter into the sauce.
- Pour over the chicken pieces and garnish with chopped parsley and lemon zest.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#chicken #butter #chickenpiccata #paprika #chickenstock #pasta #grated #parmesancheese #capers #sauce #parsley