...where's the garlic? - Jerry
- 60 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- Garlic to taste, crushed
- 2 red peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 1.5 kg chicken pieces, bone in
- 6 tablespoons tomatoe purée
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon each of fresh rosemary, marjoram and thyme, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, scraped and cut into chunks
- ½ small celeriac, peeled and cut into chunks
- 120 ml dry white wine
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or flameproof casserole dish.
- Add the onion and garlic, cook until soft and then add the red peppers.
- Place the chicken pieces in the pan and gently brown on all sides.
- After about 15 minutes add the remaining ingredients except for the courgettes.
- Cook, covered, over a gentle heat for about 40-50, adding the courgettes 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#chickenghiveci #chicken #courgettes #redpeppers #onion #garlic #potatoes #braised #oliveoil #marjoram #bread